- The validity of an Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia, not from the date of issue.
- You need to have an ordinary passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia.
- Travelers who apply for a tourist visa must have their passport/residence permit valid for at least six months from the planned date of entry.
- Applicants who claim that to have a permanent residence permit in one of the eligible countries must upload the valid residence permit document.
- The e-Visa is for tourism and family visits to Ethiopia only (no work or business activities are allowed).
- You can use this type of visa ONLY if you plan to arrive by airplane to Addis Ababa Bole International Airport (at the moment, the e-Visa is not valid at any other border posts).
IMPORTANT: If you apply from a country other than the country of your nationality (for example, you are Canadian, but apply from the US), then you will be required to show your residence permit when you arrive in Ethiopia – this can be a letter or visa sticker in your passport.