China Visa

  • The China Group e-Visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
  • Your order will be submitted for approval approximately 30 days from your intended travel date, per the issuing authority’s requirement.
  • You must apply no later than 20 days from your intended travel date.
  • Once your visa is issued by the Government of China, we will FedEx the actual visa to your home 15 days before your departure.
  • The China Group e-Visa is a Single Entry visa.
  • Applicants must be outside the Republic of China when applying for their visa.
  • You must have a valid and confirmed onward travel ticket to leave China (often this means simply evidence of a return flight).
  • You must have a travel document/passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your arrival in China.
  • All travelers in the group must enter and depart China on the same flight, at the same time, using the same port of entry and exit, and must use the same travel itinerary while in China.
  • The group must consist of a minimum of 2 people.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I will be staying with friends/relatives. What information must the invitation letter contain?

    The invitation letter must contain the following information:

    • Must be addressed to “Consulate of China.”
    • Must contain the applicant’s full name, gender, date of birth, and passport details.
    • Details of your visit in China such as dates, purpose, and places of accommodation
    • Information regarding the host / inviting party: name, address, phone number, and relationship to the applicant
    • Copy of the host’s Chinese ID. If they are not a citizen of China, then a copy of their China residence permit and their passport.

  • Can I extend my stay beyond the 60 days?

    You may be able to extend your stay. You will have to make this request at the Public Security Bureau (PSB) Exit and Entry Administration office at the municipality in China in which you are staying in.

  • Can I use a valid visa on an expired passport?

    NOTE: Only for US passport holders

    Yes. If you have a new passport but your visa is still valid you may travel with both passports. Note that if your personal details has changed on your new passport you will have to reapply and pay for a new visa.

  • I am a US passport holder and my passport expires in less than 10 years. Can I still get the 10-year visa?

    Yes. You can get a 10-year visa as long as your passport is valid for more than 1 year. However, as with all visas, the actual visa issued (and its validity) is at the discretion of the Chinese Visa Issuing Authority.

  • In USA, which Chinese Visa Application Center do I have to go to?

    According to your state of residence, you must go to the following embassy or consulates:

    • Consulate of China in Houston- Texas: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas.
    • Consulate of China in Chicago-Illinois: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Wiscounsion, Missouri.
    • Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in USA-Washington: Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, Washington DC.
    • Consulate of China in New York: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.
    • General Consulate in San Francisco: Alaska, Nevada, Oregon, Northern California, Washington.
    • General Consulate in Los Angeles: Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico, Southern California, Pacific Island.

  • Visa Application form for China Visa


    Number of Applicant: